| I love these shoes, they feel like slippers |
With the cooler weather comes more rested and relaxed days. We have been able to play longer outside before the sun is too bitey, and we have enjoyed our time inside because all that is need to open the doors to cool the house. We haven't had to spend our days with the constant groan of the air conditioner. As much as I love our little 1930's bungalow, I dream about when we can build our perfect solar passive house.
Because of the cooler weather I haven't minded spending a bit of extra time in front of the stove. I made Peach & Lavender Butter from this book. The peaches were given to me by my Mum when she found herself with 2 or more kilos of fruit then she could possibly eat. Lavender was from my own front garden. The jam is perfectly sweet and has just a hint of lavender and of course is beautiful with scones.
I have also taken the plunge and started cutting fabric for my quilt. I'm using this pattern, it looks fairly simple and the instructions are very first timer friendly. In a bid not to spend money on new material have managed to gather all my fabric from op shopped sheets, and I am going to back it with a chenille bedspread from my Grandma's.
Tomorrow I will start piecing.

No comments:
Post a Comment