We have dreams of space. For the kids, the veggie patch, the berry patch, the chickens, the orchard, the pigs, the sheep and the cattle.
Right now we live in a small town in Central West NSW. It's an ok town, maybe not the town I would have picked for my family to grow up in, but it's what just 15kms out of town that keeps us here.
This is my husband's family farm. This is where he grew up and his father as well. This is where we dream of being and our children growing up. But for now it is not to be, right now Luke's father and mother live here. Despite the declarations of retirement, illness, surgeries, quad bike accidents. At times I've found it hard, times when I feel like my life is in a constant holding pattern. Just waiting for it to really begin.

I too have dreams of living out of town, with space and animals and even farm chores. It's so hard and frustrating at times waiting for it to 'happen'.
ReplyDeletex
Sure is Zara. For now we are going to focus on what we have and making the most of it. We'll be getting chickens soon!!
Delete