Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Learning to crochet & new projects.

For the longest time I have been telling myself I couldn't crochet. The few times I tried I gave up after a few attempts. I would watch my sister create lovely blankets for my boys and harrumphed at my inability to grasp the craft.
Then at the beginning of the new year i tried again. With very helpful Meet Me At Mikes and a few bits of advice from my sister.
At first I wasn't that in love with the Granny Square. I made a few under Pip's instruction, then what? I have a square, Woot! But a little voice told to just keep going, make another and another. Before I knew I had 16 little Grannies ready to be stitched together and made into a cushion.
As each square came together my confidence grew. By the fifth square I no longer had to refer to the instructions. By the sixteenth I could almost watch TV whilst hooking.So now my cushion front waits for the perfect back. I can see my mistakes and I know I have a lot to learn, but I can confidently say I CAN CROCHET!!


For now however, crochet will have to wait because the lovely postman delivered the delicious yarns from Bendigo Woollen Mills that require my attention. Winter jumpers for the boys and a cowl for me. So it's down with the hook and up with needles.

4 comments:

  1. That Bendigo wool looks divine! I've just bought a knitting book - Hopefully I can master that before I move onto crochet. Loving the look of your blanket and by the looks of that YOU CAN CROCHET!

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Bendigo Wool Mill, lovely colours, nice feel and super value for money. Good luck with your knitting adventures.
      x

      Delete