The
moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed
before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is
something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh
I
stormed out of the house, ready for confrontation. It was getting dark and very
cold. I hadn't stopped to put on shoes. I told a complete stranger exactly what
I thought. How his stupidity had scared my children, how his action was an
attack on my home. How a simple knock on the door would have been sufficient,
that if it happens again police will be called.
He
looked sheepish and muttered an apology.
Back
inside the warmth of my home I ranted for a few moments to Luke. Adrenalin
still pumping, hands shaking and cheeks red and hot. Cohen reached out for me
and as I held him Isaac wrap his arms around my legs and sighed "Oh,
mumma"
Where
did that quiet, almost shy girl go? Three years ago I would never have done
that. I would have ignored it, maybe called someone else for help.
With
motherhood I have found strength in myself that I never thought I possessed.
I'm pretty amazed at what I can do.
Next
time I’ll stop to put on my slippers
and breathe and I'll remember that because of them I can do anything.

Oh my! I hope everything is all right?
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you mean about finding that strenght. When my Cohen was born it was like a whole new part of me was unlocked. A part that could do whatever it took to protect my boy.
Here's hoping you won't need to tap into it again any time soon. xx
Everything was ok, just teenage boys only thinking about themselves. I'm hoping I don't either. Peace and quiet from now on please.
Delete