Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Today... 5 Years Ago


Lincoln Marshall Johnston

22nd October 2008

32 weeks 6 days
 Although I cannot hold you in my arms I will always hold you in my heart.

Today I spent a little extra time snuggling in bed with my baby boy Sam.
Today I planted some spinach, silver beet and marigolds in the garden with Isaac.
Today I read "Puppy Takes a Holiday" with Cohen neatly curled up on my lap.

5 years ago today I gave birth to my baby boy Lincoln.
5 years ago today I held him knowing I would never hear him cry or laugh or see him grow. That I would never hold him again.
5 years ago today my heart broke and I thought it could be fixed.

Today I remembered that pain, I could feel the ache in my heart and I gasped for air as I did then.
Today I cried.
Today that pain didn't stay like it once did.

Today I laughed and ate cake with my boys.
Today I got cranky about the mess on the floor.
Today I cleaned up spilt milk and vacuumed toast crumbs
Today we flew paper plans that Luke had made.
Today, and every day since the safe arrival of Isaac, my heart swelled

5 comments:

  1. Oh Mama, my heart breaks for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous post Kate... Thinking of you... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully and elegantly written. Although i am sure your heart heart can't be "fixed," I hope it is healing today and everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Rachel, most days are good but his birthday is always the hardest.

      Delete