I have
never been one of these people who could skip breakfast in the morning. I'm
always wake up with a growling tummy that I can't really ignore.
But
nowadays my tummy sometimes has to wait until the needs of three hungrier boys
are dealt with. I would fix myself some cereal at 6:30am and then not get a
chance to eat it til 8am. Not so appetising if it was a bowl of WeetBix.
So
delicious crunchy granola comes to the rescue. I can pour some in a bowl, mix
in some yoghurt and it will still be tasty an hour and a half later. But I do recommend
it straight away.
Spiced
Granola.
In a big bowl mix -
4 cups
rolled oats
1 cup
shredded coconut
2 cups of
mixed nuts and seeds (almond, pecan, walnuts, cashew, sunflower, pumpkin)
2
teaspoons cinnamon
1
teaspoon ground cardamom.
In a saucepan
slowly heat together -
1/2 cup
coconut or olive oil (or butter)
1/2 cup
honey or maple syrup or rice bran syrup
1
teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2
teaspoon almonds extract
Pour oil
mixture over oat mixture and stir together until everything is all evenly
combined.
Spread
out on a baking tray and place in an 180C preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
Stir every 10 minutes or so the make sure everything is turning golden evenly.
Take out
when everything is golden looking and allow to cool before putting in airtight
container.

No comments:
Post a Comment